April 01, 2007

Yeah, I did it...

Last weekend I did do the 15.4 mile hike for Breast Cancer Research. It was so awesomely hard, but made me realize that whatever I wrap my head around and commit to...it's done. I've always been like this, and then my Army training totally developed that trait, and 8 years after discharge, this hike brought it all back. There was no stopping me until about mile 11...there was no way I was giving it, but my legs started cramping and I was really tired, but I just kept movin' on. I thought about all the women who are so weak from chemo, or who are trying to come to grips without any breasts, or for all those women who know they've lost the battle and it's just a matter of time. Who knows, I may be in their shoes someday, but while I'm willing and able to make a difference, I will. My goal is to do the Susan G Komen 3 day hike...20 miles a day. Determination is so empowering.

Mile 1...feeling kinda cocky...goin good...

Mile 13...tired, but almost done...towards the end, my friend and I were so excited to see each mile marker!


No comments: